October 26, 2009

Adios Amor (Goodbye Argentina!)


A wink of Cupid's eye and my three months in Argentina has come to it's final day. It's been an amazing 12 weeks: sampled the Malbec nectar of the gods, sipped the bitter leaves of yerba mate, carried across the tango floor, exchanged Spanish small talk with the locals, partied until the sunrise kissed my face, captured 1,000 photos and witnessed the postcard perfect images of Iguazu and Patagonia.

I'll sneak out of this city at the wee hours like a lover slipping out of an early bed. I leave quietly and with some sadness. This place and the people in it were an absolute gift on my journey, making a sometimes hectic place feel like home. A warm embrace into the world of travel and it gave me trust in the unknown. I already miss you. My bags are packed and I now head east into the African sun.
But you've got a piece of mi corazon Buenos Aires. And you always will.